Amended Certificate of Incorporation
1. The name of the corporation is World Business Associates Inc. doing business as The American Philatelists Club.
2. The particular purposes and powers of the Club are to promote interest in and knowledge of philately among its members and the public generally. We achieve this goal through a variety of means; through the encouragement of philatelic research; through the exchange of information with other philatelic organizations, and among its own members at regular meetings for this purpose in the Club’s meeting rooms; through the preparation and distribution of philatelic literature and periodicals; through the maintenance of a philatelic library and reading rooms; through the maintenance of a laboratory with appropriate equipment for the examination and study of philatelic material; through the acquisition and maintenance of a Clubhouse to house all these facilities; through making available certain of its facilities, under supervision, to other and acceptable organizations dedicated to the study of philately; through the holding of public and private philatelic exhibitions; through cooperation and advice to assist schools, hospitals and similar institutions in the organization and conduct of philatelic clubs, and in the instruction of philatelic matters, particularly with a view to enlarge and develop the cultural and historical aspects of philately.
3. The territory in which the operations of the Club are to be principally conducted is the City of Seattle Washington.
4. The time for holding the annual meeting of the Club shall be the last Wednesday in October.
5. The number of board members shall not be less than six nor more than nine.
6. The office of the corporation is located at 20112 30th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, 98155.
Adopted at the Regular Meeting of December 4, 2009.
— Name —
The name of this organization shall be The American Philatelists Club.
— Members —
Section 1. The members of the Club shall be such persons as shall be elected by the Board of Governors.
Section 2. The classes of members shall be Resident, Fellow, Out of state, Life, and Honorary, as defined by the By-Laws.
— Meetings —
Section 1. The annual meeting of the Club shall be held on the last Wednesday in October.
Section 2. There shall be one regular meetings of the Club in the months of March on such days as the Board of Governors shall fix.
Section 3. A special meeting of the Club may be called by the Board of Governors on the written request of at least seven members addressed to the President and stating the object or reason for calling such meeting. Written notice shall be mailed to each member entitled to a vote, at least five days before holding the meeting.
Section 4. A quorum at any meeting of the Club shall be twenty-five voting members in good standing.
— Amendments —
This Constitution may be amended at any annual, regular or duly and properly called special meeting of the Club, at which the required quorum of twenty-five (25) members shall be present, by a vote of two-thirds of the members present and voting, provided that written notice of the proposed amendment shall have been posted on the Bulletin Board for a period of at least thirty (30) days preceding said meeting and a copy of the proposed amendment shall have been mailed to each voting member of the Club at least fifteen (15) days before said meeting.